- This event has passed.
Building a Brighter Future: How Solar is Empowering Schools and Cities Across the Nation
September 15, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Schools are poised to play a leadership role in the clean energy transition, inspiring students, staff, school districts, and communities to flip the switch to a healthier, more resilient future.
The benefits of going solar are catching on in school districts from New York to California as a way to reduce energy costs, lower carbon emissions, and empower healthy communities by providing students and teachers with hands-on learning, job training, and curriculum development.
Using New York City as a model, our expert panel will explore rooftop solar programs at the local and national levels, the “how-to’s” of launching solar on schools initiatives, best practices, and lessons learned. Come away inspired by success stories and the impacts that solar schools are making in classrooms, communities, and across the nation.
- Michael Mahal, Senior Program Manager, Generate Capital
- Rory Eblen, Project Manager, New York City Department of Education (DOE)
- Geovani Caldero, K-12 Environmental Educator & Workforce Instructor, Solar One
- Tish Tablan, Program Director, Generation 180
- Christian Bitters, Managing Director, Edison Energy